The most recent harm updates from the American League…
- The White Sox anticipate to activate shortstop Tim Anderson from the injured checklist when he’s first eligible Thursday, supervisor Tony La Russa informed Scott Merkin of MLB.com and different reporters. The previous batting champion has been down since April 5 with a strained left hamstring, and the White Sox have turned to a mix of Leury Garcia and Danny Mendick in Anderson’s absence. Garcia has gotten off to a horrible begin this yr, whereas Mendick has been nice over an admittedly tiny pattern measurement of 12 plate appearances.
- The Rays positioned right-hander Chris Archer on the IL on Saturday with forearm tightness, however they’re optimistic he gained’t miss an excessive amount of time, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times relays. Whereas Archer gained’t throw throughout the subsequent few days, the hope is that he’ll return to the mound by the top of subsequent week. Archer, with whom the Rays reunited on a $6.5MM assure in free company, has been restricted to 2 appearances and 4 1/3 innings within the early going.
- Extra on the Rays from Topkin, who writes that middle fielder Kevin Kiermaier ran “at about 70 %” Monday and will return to their lineup inside per week. Kiermaier went on the IL on April 6 with a left quad pressure, and the Rays have since used a mix of Manuel Margot and Brett Phillips in middle.
- The left biceps pressure that despatched Tigers designated hitter/first baseman Miguel Cabrera over the weekend is delicate, Jason Beck of MLB.com tweets. The Tigers are hopeful that Cabrera will miss “the shortest quantity potential.” Cabrera got here out of the gates slowly earlier than the harm, as the long run Corridor of Famer has hit .125/.222/.292 in 27 plate appearances this season.
- Yankees righty Clarke Schmidt, who’s coping with an elbow pressure, acquired a cortisone injection Monday, per Bryan Hoch of MLB.com. He may return to throwing both this week or subsequent if all goes in line with plan. Schmidt was solely supposed to take a seat out 4 weeks when he went on the shelf in February, however his harm hasn’t healed as shortly as anticipated.